Friday, August 5, 2011

Full-time WITH Benefits

Man, you guys have no idea how happy I was to see that I didn't miss a blog of the last month. I was freaking out thinking that so much might had happened but I'm relieved to find out I didn't miss out...

So, this week has been my first week working with Bass Pro. It's been kicking my arse! It's manual labor right now. We are all trying to set up the whole shop and make it look normal but when you go into the store you have to wear a hard hat while working because there is still a lot of construction going on and people are still painting the murals on the walls. It's really cool in there but a lot of work. Yesterday, after work, mom called me and told me that they might have a position at the Journal Star available for full-time. This is the second time she has told me that they might have a position open so I didn't think about it too much. In the late afternoon, Mike, the boss at the Journal Star called me and told me that they got approved to hire me for the full-time Obituary position! The position has benefits and everything and I will be getting paid around $16/hour! I was freaking out! So now I have to put in my two weeks notice at Bass Pro and they haven't even opened yet! I'm guessing they won't take it too lightly but hey, it happens.

Now I can finally start making some real money and saving it up for my wedding and a new house! I'm so excited. Going from $8.50 to $16 is a pretty big jump! My week is going to be a little different though. I'll be working from Saturday-Wednesday, so Thursdays and Fridays are my days off. So, I probably won't be able to do many things on the weekend with you guys :(

Well, that's all my exciting news! I love and miss you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment