Thursday, June 30, 2011

Kittens, Interviews, Weddings, and Gender Mishaps

Okay, I think I'm due for a blog post.

As you all know, last weekend Tommy and I found three little kittens in their parents shed while they were in Alabama. They must have been born in their Combine because that is where I discovered the meowing coming from. At first we thought it was a regular barn cat caught in there but after Tommy got up in the Combine and found them I was so excited! I wanted to hold them and take them home with me right then and there! Tommy told me that we should probably put them back up where we found them so that their mom could get to them and feed them but I told him that we should take them to a vet to get them checked out (after all we didn't see their mom anywhere). After that day we went back to check on them twice a day just to make sure they were doing alright.

When Tommy's parents came home from Alabama, me, Tommy, Jenna, and Tim were taking Beth (Tommy's mom) out the the shed to show her. Tim went up in the Combine to get the kittens and he was joking with me saying that they were dead. I hit him and told him to stop joking. After he took a while to get them and not hearing the kittens meow I knew something was wrong. Tim was saying that they really were dead and that they were cold. Tommy was so upset that he started walking to their shop so that he could get a shovel to bury them. I went right after him because I knew he would be upset and I didn't want to see my kittens dead. After we got in the shop I just started crying non-stop. Tommy was saying how sorry he was and that it was his fault. It wasn't his fault though. They were way too young to take away from their mother and neither one of us knew that she wasn't around.

The next day, Tommy got me a new kitten! The lady told us that the two she had left were females. I was hooked on the name Penelope, because that was the name I was going to give the other kitten that died before her. However, today Beth and I took Penelope to the vet to find out that she is really a he. So, his name is now Peter. I call him Pete or Petey. It's weird though because sometimes I slip and still call him Penelope. I guess I will just have to save that name for my future daughter :P (Maybe that's not a good idea since the name hasn't worked out yet).

On top of all of that... I got a second interview with Bass Pro Shop! I would be working in the Fudge Shop and I have my second interview on Thursday!

And lastly, I am trying on and hopefully buying my wedding dress July 16th! I can't wait. :)

Geeze, I'm sorry my blog is so long... I had a lot to say.

I love you all and I wish your sister lots of luck on her wedding week Sarah!!! Hopefully I'll see you all soon!

Tari

1 comment:

  1. haha awwww, poor Penelope! It was such a cute name too!

    ReplyDelete